YIPEE! OLD TESTAMENT COMPLETE!!
I'm still 10 days behind but I'm feeling good!
I peeped into Matthew and as soon as I saw the name JESUS I was so excited!
The last 7 books that I am going to briefly touch on were much like the other books written by the Prophets. It was just a nasty time. It was not a fun read, but an important one.
Here are a few parts that stuck out at me:
He has showed you, O man, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8
But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
I wait for God my Savior;
my God will hear me.
Micah 7:7
The Lord is a jealous and avenging God;
the Lord takes vengeance and is filled with wrath.
The Lord is slow to anger and great in power
Nahum 1:2-3
The Lord is good,
a refuge in times of trouble.
He cares for those who trust in him
Nahum 1:7
Satan at work:
The wicked foe pulls all of them up with hooks,
he catches them in his net,
he gathers them up in his dragnet;
and so he rejoices and is glad.
Habakkuk 1:15
Though the fig tree does not bud and there are not grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Habakkuk 3:17-18
This is what I covenanted with you when you came out out of Egypt.
And my Spirit remains among you. Do not fear.
Haggai 2:5
Then they repented and said, "The Lord Almighty has
done to us what our ways and practices deserve, just as he determined to do."
Zechariah 1:6
He's coming!!!!!!!
"Shout and be glad O Daughter of ion. For I am coming, and I will live among you," declares the Lord. Many nations will be joined with the Lord in that day and will become my people. I will live among you and you will know that the Lord Almighty has sent me to you.
Zechariah 2:10
My talents are due to.....
Not by might not by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord Almighty.
Zechariah 4:6
(Yet I take credit way too often!)
was it really for me that you fasted?
And when you were eating and drinking,
you were not just feasting for yourself?
Zechariah 7:5-6
I really found the last verses very convicting!
This is what the Lord Almighty says: "Administer true justice; show mercy and compassion to one another. Do not oppress the widow or the fatherless, the alien or the poor. In your hearts do not think evil of each other."
Zechariah 7:9
"When I called, they did not listen;
so when they called, I would not listen,"
says the Lord Almighty.
Zechariah 7:13
When you bring injured, crippled or diseased animals and offer them as sacrifices, should I accept them from your hands? says the Lord. Cursed is the cheat who has an acceptable male in his flock and vows to give it, but then sacrifices a blemished animal to the Lord.
Malachi 1:13-14
In today's times we don't offer our animals to sacrifice for the Lord. What we have to give is our time and money. This verse fits into our life today also. We give our leftover time and leftover money to the Lord..... it is the same as above!
"Return to me, and I will return to you," says the Lord Almighty.
Malachi 3:7
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this, says the Lord Almighty, and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.
Malachi 3:10
Again....what if we invested more of our time, talents and money on Him.
Written by Martha Manikas-Foster in my Women's Devotional Bible.
"I have no doubt that spending time with my family -and some time alone- are appropriate priorities. But I must remember that if in the process of meeting personal and family needs I hide my talents from the church, I am disobedient to God and I rob the body of Christ. God wants and deserves the honor and reverence we give him when we offer him the best of ourselves."
Wow.....I did it!!! On to the New Testament!
No comments:
Post a Comment