Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah, and Jonah

Okay, I can't blog about the books written by the prophets during the times of God's judgement anymore.  Since they are all writing about the basic same time...but different place...I feel like I have tried to cover most of it.  Basic stuff....

-God told the people to turn towards Him
-People chose evil over good
-God asked again...and again....
-People liked their evil ways too much...
-Judgement.....

It's funny b/c I am now reading books that I have never heard of before.  I think I memorized all the names of the books back in Jr. High for youth group or confirmation or something.....but I now don't recognize Hosea, Joel, Amos, Obadiah ect....  Actually I didn't even know there was a book called Jonah.  I always knew the story of Jonah and the whale, but I had no idea it had it's own book in the bible.

I read Jonah today and liked it very much.  There is one quote in particular that I want to take note of.

But the Lord said, "You have been concerned about the vine, though you did not tend it or make it grow.
Jonah 4:10

How often have I spent time complaining about things, worrying about things, and stewing over things....yet I do nothing to change or help the situation.  Hmmmmm.... LOTS OF TIMES!

I'm still 6 days behind on my reading.  I must get caught up by this weekend.  I am supposed to start the New Testament on Saturday and I'm so excited about it.  I will be there by Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment