Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and
thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called sons of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted
because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 5:3-10You are the light of the world, A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16
If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. Matthew 5:29
If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. Matthew 5:39
Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you Matthew 5:44
Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. Matthew 6:1
But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen...for your Father knows what you need before you ask him. Matthew 6,8
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed by your name,
your kingdom com,
you will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debs,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil on.
For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.
Matthew 6:9-15
How many years have I know the Lord's Prayer. I think I learned it in grade school....maybe early Jr. High. I'm not sure. But until this last summer I did not truly understand that each time I say.....forgive me AS I HAVE FORGIVEN (past tense, done deal) OTHERS. And if I have not forgiven others....I really have no business asking for forgiveness. And furthermore.....I will not be forgiven of my debts. All those years and I never really got it.....I just said it out of habit.
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasure in heaven.....For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 19, 20, 21
This is being copied by a pack rat. I told you that I already have a lot to think about!
(And it's only Ch. 6)
You cannot serve both God and Money.
Matthew 6:24
Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:27, 34
Again, guilty!
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matthew 7:3,5
SUPER GUILTY!
Jesus replied, Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head. Matthew 8:20
While Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. Follow me, he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.
While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors (basically the scum of the earth) and "sinners" came and ate with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners"? On hearing this, Jesus said, It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: I desire mercy not sacrifice. For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. Matthew 9-13
Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28
No comments:
Post a Comment