Isaiah Son of Amos walks us back through a time period that we have already covered in Kings and Chronicles. The Lord people became rebellious and turned to false Gods. It led to destruction. Isaiah was a prophecy. His warning was clear.
Isaiah 3:22
Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Of what account is he?
In Ch. 6 Isaiah comes face to face with the Lord's throne. Isaiah was overcome by the majesty. His sinfulness was so apparent when he came face to face.
Isaiah 6:1-8 is a very powerful event. Here is how I would retell it...
Isaiah saw THE LORD upon his throne. The majesty was almost more than he could handle. Amongst the radiance was angels singing. Everything shook with the sound. They sang, "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord almighty, the whole earth is full of his glory." OVERWHELMING! He felt unworthy and overwhelmed. An angel approached him and touched his lips. He was told that he is forgiven.
Then the Lord said, "Who can I send? "Who can I trust"?
Isaiah said "Here I am. Send me!"
Wow.....can you imagine? I believe the Lord already knew who he could send and trust.....but he asked so Isaiah would answer the call.
How often are well called? How often do we answer by saying.....Here I am, Send ME?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment