Whew...we are behind. I don't like being behind on this blog. It is a true representation of my life. I am behind on lots of things right now. (laundry, dishes, paperwork, cleaning, ect...) This blog is high on my priority list, yet I am still lagging. My daily bible time has been such a breath of fresh air in my life. These last few weeks I have not spent adequate time in the word, and I feel a loss b/c of it. I need to get back to what is important. Get my head in the game :)
I had mixed feelings about today's reading. I liked the first chapter and I was pretty uninterested in the second. Therefor, this post will focus on chapter 19.
Elijah continues to follow God. He grows very tired. He is discouraged and weak. He lets fear take over. Luckily, the Lord does not give up on him.
During his time of being discouraged and angel of the Lord came to him. He encouraged him to eat healthy, hydrate, and rest. Later the angel of the Lord came back again. He again encouraged him to eat healthy and hydrate again. Elijah felt stronger and continued on his journey. He was now ready to go! He traveled 40 days and 40 nights. (There is that number 40 again.....I wonder how many time this number shows up in the bible. So interesting!)
I like this story b/c today many of us do the same things to ourselves. (I'm not included in this one b/c I never miss a meal.....but I know some people that do.) We stop taking care of ourselves and focus only on others or other things. Our emotions are all over the place and our patience runs thin. We are no longer honoring God with our words or deeds.
I like the the Lord sent his angel to get Elijah straightened out. Rest, Eat, Drink......Regroup and Go!
Isn't it great that the life lessons from thousands of years ago still fit today!
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8
-nicole
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment