Today ends the leadership of Moses. I guess after the amazing leadership that Moses presented to the Lord I thought there would be at least one "Well Done, Son" type of moment. I know that Moses ticked off the Lord ONCE, but even after he was told that he would not be able to pass into the Promise Land he served the Lord well.
During today's reading the Lord informed Moses that his people would not follow the laws in the Promise Land. There would be people that are going to start worshiping other Gods and they are going to bring great pain onto themselves and their community. Moses is then instructed to sing a song to the people that tell them about their future. It's a lot of gloom and doom.
After hearing all the gloom and doom I am wondering if Joshua was feeling as if he is getting in way over his head.
In the end, the remarkable thing is God know what his people are going to do. He knows that they are not going to follow in His ways. Yet, he sends them off to do what they need to do. What a heart-wrenching moment for a parent......to know that your child is going to head out and fail on a huge level but letting them do it anyway. That's hard stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment