Doom and Gloom. The Isrealites went forward to capture Jericho and didn't stop there as they followed what Lord commanded. He had promised the land to the Isrealites and had promised that He would go before them to deliver it into their hands. God kept His promises. The Isrealites became greedy only once in these readings and God acted with firm punishment. There was no question that He meant what He said as a mattef of fact He always does what He says He will do. I wonder what would happen now?
As I was reading this so many thoughts came to mind.
1. How many times do I tell my kids that next time they do something they will be punished and then not follow through in what I told them? What is that teaching them?
2. Was there not one person in those cities that was turned from their ways to receive God's grace?
3. Joshua was a very strong person, of course his strength came from God. So why am I not strong? what can I do to become stronger?
4. I am so thankful that Jesus died on the cross for my sins!
Lori
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment