Thanks so much to Lori for helping us out while Nicole was on vacation. Apparently, since Nic was gone, I thought it was okay to take a vacation, too. I completely forgot to blog on Friday's reading! So sorry...I didn't skip the reading, but for some reason, I thought I'd blogged that day! Oops!
Anyway, on to our reading for today...a whole lot of giving of land and handing out inheritances again today. Joshua first blessed Caleb son of Jephunneh with the land of Hebron. The Lord had told Moses to promise this land to Caleb if he followed the Lord wholeheartedly, which he did. Therefore, he was granted this land. We also learned about some more areas that were granted to the different tribes. In a previous reading, we learned that God was fair in His works. There were descendants of Manasseh, who had no sons (who normally would get the inheritance), but the Lord promised some land to the brothers if there were no sons...or to give the inheritance to the daughters if there were any. Joshua fulfilled these promises to the people.
Joshua also seemed to be quite the problem solver. When the Manassites weren't able to occupy their land because of the Canaanites, Joshua sent them to another area to clear the land for themselves. The Manassites weren't confident this would be enough land and didn't think they could defeat the Canaanites, but Joshua told them they would be powerful enough to completely drive the Canaanites out.
It looks like the next few days are going to be more and more land allotments! Hopefully we don't have to keep track of all these little towns and who lives in all of them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment