Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mar. 9 - Joshua 18-20

I'm back! I had a great trip.  I planned on bringing my bible to keep up with the reading while I was away.  I forgot it and I was so disappointed!  I thought I would use the hotel bible, but I never found one.  So, the last two days I have been catching up.  I'm sorry I did not get this posted yesterday.  Being away was great, but I feel like I have a lot of catching up to do now.  So.....on to yesterday's reading.

The final lots were given out.  After each tribe was given their inheritance Joshua was instructed to set up cities of refuge.  These refuge cities were safe places for those that have accidently murdered someone and are waiting to stand trial.  I assume these areas will become more important in the future.  The whole thing is a little weird to me.  Is there going to be that many accidental murders that they need a whole city?  I would think a small apartment complex could fulfill that need.....but maybe not.

We shall see.  nic

No comments:

Post a Comment