Monday, February 8, 2010

Numbers 3-4

The Levites:
  It was interesting to see that two of Aaron's sons were actually killed for an "unauthorized approach" to the tabernacle.  God gave a warning and most certainly followed through.  I also thought it was interesting to read about the Lord taking the Levites from among the Israelites in place of the first male offspring of every Israelite woman.  Moses was then commanded by God to collect redemption money for the 273 "extra" Levites.
Moses and Aaron were again told to take more of a census of other branches of people.  The different branches have been assigned their particular jobs.  I've always thought the whole census was kind of fun...to see how many people live in different areas.  I am curious, however, as to where all the women are?  I'm sure they are holding down the fort at home, but it would be nice if they would at least count them in as part of the crowd!

No comments:

Post a Comment