Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Deutermonomy 5-8

So far.....I love Deuteronomy!  I love how it's written.  Today reviews the Ten Commandments and the need for the Israelites to follow them.  It is repeated time and time again that the Lord has delivered on his promise to them.  The Israelites are told that if they obey the Lord, they will prosper.  My pencil was busy today.  Here are some of my favorites.

Deuteronomy 6:5  Love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.

Deuteronomy 6:7  Impress them on your children.  Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

Deuteronomy 6:12  be careful that you do not forget the Lord, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery

Deuteronomy 7:9  Know therefor that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands.

Deuteronomy 8:5  Know then in your heart that as a man disciplines his son, so the Lord your God disciplines you.

Deuteronomy 8:17-18  You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me."  But remember the Lord your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.

My mind thinks:  After the Lord has fulfilled his promise, how can the Israelites not follow His law?  But...I know that we are headed towards some major rebellion.  Then I think about the rebellion that we show God in today's society.  The rebellion I show.....

I can't start to tell you what a powerful experience this has been for me so far.  I hope I am forever changed!  -nic

No comments:

Post a Comment