Monday, February 22, 2010

Feb. 22 - Deuteronomy 3-4

We're just moving right along...into Deuteronomy already! 
Yesterday and today we spent time reading the writings of Moses to the people of Israel.  It basically goes through all of the trials and rewards experienced by Moses and the Israelites throughout his reign as God's prophet.  It was great to read about all of the same things we've been studying, all in a few chapters.  The one thing that really stuck out to me in today's reading was in chapter 4 when Moses was discussing obedience.  I really liked this part "Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live.  Teach them to your children and to their children after them." (Deut. 4:9)
Otherwise, I don't have much to comment on today.  It's really just a summary of the stories we have read the last few weeks.  I will definitely take note of these first few chapters, knowing it will be a great resource to recall the acts of Moses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment