Genesis 5-8
I have to say that this reading didn't have me as excited as yesterday. It was extremely interesting to figure out who belonged to whom, and see how long everyone lived (can you imagine living that long?) I've also always enjoyed the Noah's Ark story and didn't realize it happened so early in the Bible. The reading did, however, reinforce the whole point of this challenge: "When you build your home on the foundation of God's Word, you can find safety despite the downpour outside." Hmmm.... Spending time in God's Word will help us weather any storm, no matter what it's magnitude may be. Let's face it, I've had some pretty big storms of significant magnitude in the last few years. It's been faith alone that has helped me through (and, of course, family, friends, and a bit of God's Word). I'm excited to see how many different passages from the Bible I can find, that I didn't know exsisted, and see how they comfort or affect me now. Should be interesting! ~Julie
Wow.... Noah trusted God so fully and entirely that he built a huge boat because he was told. I'm sure there were many who thought he was CRAZY. And, what if God was not real.....can you imagine how embarrassed he would be if the rain never came. What a leap of faith! I long to have that type of faith. I want to be able to give it all up to God and know that I will be cared for. I can't even tithe 10% of our income to the church. It just seems like too much. Noah can give up everything.....and I struggle with 10%!?! nic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment