Day1: Creation and Sin
I sent my family off to the movies, started a warm bath, and made a fresh pot of coffee. I was ready to dig in. Chapter 1-4 took no time at all. I even thought about reading ahead b/c the time it took to set the mood took longer than the time it took to do the reading. But....I stopped, I didn't want to get off schedule. The awesome thing about it is I spent the rest of my bath thinking about Chapter 1-4. I thought about how easy it was for the serpent to talk Eve into eating the forbidden fruit. How he made it feel like it was the
right thing to do and if she didn't eat it she would be the
fool. Then I started thinking about myself. How much forbidden fruit do I eat? How many times do I think that my actions are justified or necessary. How many times do I not want to be played for a fool? I had quite a list going. nic
And I....concur! I almost read ahead, too, but decided that I wouldn't be "tempted" (hehe). Here's something I think I'm going to love about this: This particular Bible gives a great preview of the Book we are starting on. I really liked a few key points it made:
- The obvious - God created. "From the start God was present. He was at work."
- "But the God who hung every star in place and laid every grain of sand upon the shore had, from the beginning, a plan." His plan.
- From the very beginning, God did much good, and turned evil into the greater good, all for one specific purpose.
- He created "man" in his image. The more we strive to be like Him, the more we pleasing Him. When we look in the mirror, we should she Him in our reflection.
How awesome is that to think about? It's a lot to grasp - and we're just getting started!
Julie
No comments:
Post a Comment