Monday, January 4, 2010

Jan 4th

Wow....the drama.  Have I mentioned how much I love this so far?  I know there is going to be some down time in this amazing book.....but two thumbs up so far.
Thoughts for today:
-I'm sad that Sarah encouraged her husband to sleep with another women so he could have a son.  I guess that fertility treatments were not an option then, so that was the only way she felt Abraham could have a son.  I wonder if she felt that agreeing to have her husband sleep with the maid was helping to fulfill the promise the Lord made him, or if she didn't trust that the Lord would follow through.
-I have a friend named Sara that waited on the Lord to bless her with children.  She just had #3 at the age of 43.  Brings a smile to my face!  I'm glad she did not encourage her husband to sleep with another women.  :)
-Circumcision:  I struggled with the decision to circumcise my son.  I needed to know before my children were born if there was a biblical reason why I should do it.  In this chapter, it says it is ordered by God.  Later in the Bible it is discussed more.  I'm glad I know that.  If I didn't, I would be feeling guilty.  nic

Well, it certainly is a bit of a soap opera, isn't it?  I'm enjoying this more than the last couple of days.  It's just been establishing a big old family tree...one that I still don't quite get, but I digress.
Today's reading does focus a lot on patience and the Lord's plan.  I like the fact that it concluded with his plan coming to fruition and it does teach a good lesson on patience.  If Sarai would have just waited for God's promise, a whole lot of drama could have been avoided.  But, along with Nicole's comments - did she think she was helping, or taking matters into her own hands because she didn't trust God.  Hmmmm....   Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment