Sunday, January 3, 2010

Jan 3rd

I am terrible at sounding out names that are unfamilier to me.  Thank goodness I don't have to read this out loud to anyone!  I would sound so foolish.  There are a few things I am pondering after today's reading.  First, I'm confused about the problem with the whole world having one language.  Was the Lord trying to prevent people from becoming too powerful?  Is that why he did not want one big city with one language?

Next:  the story of Abram and Sarai.  (I assume this is who I know to be Abraham and Sarah.)  What a great story.  What if God appeared to me and said,

        Nicole, leave your country, your friends and
        your house and go to the land I will show
        you.  I will bless you.

Would I do it?  Could I do it?

And isn't it interesting that Abraham is a faithful follower of God yet he still lied to the Egyptians so that he would be safe.  He didn't trust that God would keep him safe even though God told him that he would be blessed, made great, and people would be blessed through him.  A man as great as Abram did not always trust the Lord.   So interesting.  nic

1 comment:

  1. I have been thinking about your challenge for awhile now and have been wondering if I could add one more 'thing' to my plate. I have come to the conclusion that being in God's word should be of utmost importance in my life and not something I put off any longer. So thank you for putting the challenge out there and inviting others to join you!

    ReplyDelete