Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Jan 5th

Wow, okay.  Not sure what to say after today's reading.  Sex, incest, lies.....naughty, naughty stuff.  I looked up the word prophet to get a better understanding of what Abraham was to God.

In religion, a prophet is a person who has been contacted by, or has encountered, the supernatural or the divine, and serves as an intermediary with humanity, delivering this newfound knowledge from the supernatural entity to other humans.[1][2] The message that the prophet conveys is called a prophecy.


I guess I feel like God would be a little more frustrated with Abraham than what he seems to be.  I mean....he's a prophet and he is not always living the most honest life.  But, on the other hand, I am judging Abraham's actions.  Is his actions worse than my sins?  And I guess by definition a prophet is not all holy.  I guess I am looking for more perfection from a person that is a prophet of God....yet the only perfect one is not yet born.  


Okay, so the other thing that surprises me is all the sex talk.  I know man has been having sex to reproduce since the beginning of time, yet I thought that frequent sex crimes or immoral sex acts were more products of our modern life.  (media, internet, ect...)  So, when Lot was protecting the two angels from the towns people I was SHOCKED to read what the towns people wanted to do to the angels.  I had to read it twice b/c I thought I got it wrong the first time.  My, my.....this is pretty interesting.  nic

1 comment:

  1. I am learning alot more throuch this study. I really thought that I knew Genesis pretty well, but there is so much jumping out at me. I'm not really sure how to ask all the questions that are on my mind right now. Thanks for starting this up.

    ReplyDelete