Friday, August 13, 2010

Isaiah 65-66

In Isaiah 65:17-25 Isaiah prophesies about the second coming of Christ.

the sound of weeping and of crying will  be heard no more. (19)
They will not toil in vain or bear children doomed to misfortune; 
for they will be people blessed b the Lord,(23)
The wolf and the lamb will feed together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox (25)


Sounds like a place I want to be!

"Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool."  Isaiah 66:1


"For when I called, no one answered, when I spoke, no one listened.  They did evil in my sight and chose what displeases me" Isaiah 66:4

How often am I called and I don't listen.  How often do I disappoint.  I choose my own ways......I make excuses.....

As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you Isaiah 66:13

For with fire and with his sword the Lord will execute judgement upon all men, and many will be those slain by the Lord.  Isaiah 66:16

As much as God is there to nurture and care for us, like a mother, he is also also there to judge our wrongs. The last verse says many will be those slain by the Lord.  I have this little voice in my that says....how many....have I really done enough of God's work or am I amongst the evil.  I am such a sinner.....

Isaiah was a hard book to get through.  The discouragement that I felt in the beginning was gone by the end of the book.  Now.....one to Jeremiah.  -nic

No comments:

Post a Comment