Tuesday, July 6, 2010

We have some serious catching up to do!

Where have we been??  In class, traveling, and chasing kids.  We have been away from our Bibles and this blog.  I love summer....but I hate that the change of schedule has taken me away from my time with my bible.  I did some major catching up yesterday....but I still have more to go.  I finished Psalms yesterday.  Here is some of the verses that I highlighted from Ch. 107-150.  I hope to get caught up with the rest today. 

Psalm 109 was one that left me wondering.  In this chapter David is asking the Lord to punish his enemy.  I guess I feel like his requests are not very christian.  But...I guess grace and forgiveness is not a factor yet.  I find reading his requests disturbing.

Here are verses that I liked....

Psalm 111:10  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom

Psalm 112:5-10
Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely, who conducts his affairs with justice.  Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever.  He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.  His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.  He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn will be lifted high in honor.  The wicked man will see and be vexed, he will gnash his teeth and waste away; the longings of the wicked will come to nothing.

Psalm 117 5-6
In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free.  The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.

Psalm 119:9
How can a young man keep his way pure?  By living according to your word.

Psalm 119:36-37
Turn your heart toward your statutes and not toward selfish gain.  Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.

Psalm 119:72
The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.

Psalm 121:1-2
I lift up my eyes to the hills-where does my help come from?  My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.

Psalm 128:1
Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in his ways.

Psalm 130:1-2
Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord hear my voice.  Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy.

Psalm 133:1
How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity!

Psalm 134:2
Lift up your hands in the sanctuary and praise the Lord.

*The reason I love 134:2 is b/c I am now attending a church where there are members that lift their hands to the Lord while worshipping.  It's a new experience for my family.  I do not lift my hands in the air...it's not b/c I have not been inspired....it's just b/c I feel self conscious.  So, I giggled when I read that verse. 

*I LOVE the next 4. They will be ones on my list to memorize!



Psalm 138:8
The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me

Psalm 139:1-4
O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord.

Psalm 139:23-24
Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts.  See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.

Psalm 141:3-4
Set a guard over my mouth O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.  Let not my hearts be drawn to what is evil, to take part in wicked deeds with men who are evildoers; let me not eat of their delicacies. 

Psalm 145:14
The Lord upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

Psalm 141:18
The Lord is near to all who call on him

On to Proverbs......-nic

No comments:

Post a Comment