Hmmm...makes you think twice before you say some of those bad words, doesn't it. Imagine if people were still stoned for saying curse words.
It was interesting to read about the Sabbath Year and the Year of Jubilee. I don't remember studying these or hearing thes stories before. During the Year of Jubilee, as all the people are buying and selling land, I liked how God commanded the people to not take advantage of each other. I think this is such an important thing to remember in our everyday lives. It's nice to finally start reading about helping, redeeming, and supporting people. It seems like lately there have been so many laws that have had severe punishments if broken. In Chapter 25, there are so many references to supporting the poor, not taking advantage of the poor, and redemption. The Year of Jubilee definitely makes things look up for these people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment