Saturday, January 9, 2010

Jan. 9 - Genesis 29-31

First off, I not particularly fond of Jacob.  From his first stunt of taking Esau's birthright, to his calculated breeding techniques of his father-in-law's sheep....I just don't trust him.  Yet, God continues to guide and bless him.  Why??   I guess this is the part that I need to realize that ALL children are His children, no matter what their behavior.  Today's reading was a full out birthing battle between Leah and Rachel, Jacob's two wives.   Two wives......I guess when you want the younger sister you have to bed with the older unmarried sister first.  The males sure make out in those days!  Speaking of males, it sure seems like there were a lot of male babies born in those days.  Do they just not mention all of the girls in between or did they really just have boys?

There was a lot of deceit today.  But nothing really hit home with me.  Maybe Julie will have something profound to add that I missed.  I'm interested to read ahead and find out what Jacob will do next.  I wonder if my attitude will change towards him.

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted you to know, I started following Julie's blog awhile ago and saw you were doing this. I decided to try and follow along, I"m very glad I have.

    ReplyDelete