- Joseph really risked a lot for his entire family...even his brothers that had considered killing him and sold him off.
- I always think about God's plan and how I know He has one, I just wish He would fill me in on it beforehand so I didn't have to worry so much. After reading about Jacob telling all of his sons what would come of them, I don't know that I would really want to know all that. I think I'll try to be happy not knowing the plan, just knowing that there is one.
- Forgiveness. Joseph's brothers fear for their lives after Jacob dies. They think Joseph may go into payback mode for the things they did to him. They do tell Joseph that their father had instructed him to forgive them before his death, but Joseph didn't even need to hear that. Everything that had happened to him was done by God and was for the good. "Don't be afraid. Am I in the place of God? You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." (Genesis 50:19-21) Wow. I loved that. Don't be afraid.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Genesis 47-50
What a big day! We learned about the death of Jacob and Joseph today. A few thoughts:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment