Monday, March 28, 2011

John 9-15

John 9 starts off with Jesus and his disciples approaching a blind man.  This man had been blind since birth.  The disciples asked Jesus who was the one who sinned that caused the blind man to be without sight.  Often when things happen in our life we wonder what we did to deserve them.  Why does someone we love have cancer or why do babies die.  Jesus answered the disciples this way:
"Neither this man not his parents sinned", said Jesus, but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life.  John 9:3

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.  John 10:10

I did tell you but you do not believe.  The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me, but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.  My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.  I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.  John 10:25-28

As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them.  I do not judge hi.  For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it.  There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day.  John 12:47-48

Now that I, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also should wash one another's feet.  I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.  I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him.  Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them.  John 13:14-17

Do not let you hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.  In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  An if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going.  John 14:1-4

Jesus Promises the Holy Spirit
And I will ask the Father, and he will hive you another Counselor to be with you forever-the Spirit of truth.  The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him.  But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you.  John 14:16-17

Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me.  he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him.  John 14:21

If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching.  John 14:23

Peace I leave with you; my peace I have you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 14:27

Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  John 15:4

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.  you are my friends if you do what I command.  John 15:13-14

You did not choose me,  but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit-fruit that will last.  This is my command:  Love each other.  John 15:16-17

And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning. John 15:27

No comments:

Post a Comment