I'm still trying to catch up. It's hard to be behind. My reading plan really breaks it down so I don't get overwhelmed....but if I choose to a week off then I have an issue.
I don't have a lot to say about these last 13 chapters. Judgement is taking place on those that have turned from the Lord. It really is crazy how time and time again the Lord reaches out and people walk the other way. There was plenty of warning from Jeremiah that people need to turn away from sin and obey the Lord. They just didn't believe him, or didn't care.
What a hard job Jeremiah had. He has been amazingly faithful. He has been beaten more than once and thrown into jail, prison, and a cistern and left for dead. In all that has happened to him he has continued to follow the Lord and make his words heard. (Even though they were not popular.) I wonder how he looked. Was he the crazy man on the corner yelling out to the people. We have seen those types before....on the corner in a big city. Did people think he was crazy or just didn't like what he had to say?
Too bad they didn't listen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment