Monday, June 14, 2010

June 14 - Psalm 43-49

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but I've (Julie) been missing for about a month.  Nic has taken over for me while I concentrate on my schoolwork (taking classes to start nursing school in the Spring).  I've so appreciated all of her help with this, but have totally missed spending time with my Bible.  I'm so excited to dive back in to it and hopefully I can stick with it again!  What better place to get back in to it, than in the Psalms!
So...here are some of my faves from today:

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.  Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging." (Psalm 46: 1-3)
"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." (Psalm 46: 10)
"Clap your hands, all you nations; shout to God with cries of joy.  How awesome is the Lord Most High, the great King over all the earth!" (Psalm 47: 1-2)
"Great is the Lord, and most worthy of praise, in the city of our God, his holy mountain." (Psalm 48:1)
"Within your temple, O God, we meditate on your unfailing love.  Like your name, O God, your praise reaches to the ends of the earth; your right hand is filled with righteousness." (Psalm 48: 10)

What a great way to start the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment