It's been a big week for both of us girls. Nicole's been out of town for due to a death in the family. I've, well, I've just been busy/lazy. So, I'm devoting the morning to getting us caught up on the blog! Here we go!
1 Chronicles 7-29
Lots of geneology still taking place. There is a little information about the duties of the people we hear about. There was a small group of Levites that were given the job of guarding the Tent - the Lord's house. They each had specific duties and had an important role in guarding the Tent of Meeting.
In Ch. 10, we hear more about the continued fighting between the Philistines and the Israelites. We also have a reference to Saul's death again...the time when he was wounded in war and asked his armor-bearer to finish off the job. He did and then put himself to death, as well.
The next few chapters reiterate what we read in 1 Samuel...David's reign, the return of the ark to Jerusalem, God's promise to David, and David's victories. We get into a little bit more geneology and learn a little about the jobs that each of these people were responsible for. We read about the building of the Temple and David's wonderful prayer to the Lord and conclude the book of 1 Chronicles with a recount of David's death.
1 Chronicles was basically a reminder of what we read in 1&2 Samuel. I really enjoyed reading it (besides all the geneology) and thinking to myself that I already know this stuff! I'm proud to say that I'm actually absorbing what I'm reading and learning from the Word! I'm sure that 2 Chronicles (since they are "chronicles") will also revisit some of the things we've previously read. Hopefully it all rings a bell with me, too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment