Thursday, March 11, 2010

Mar. 11 - Joshua 23-24

Today Joshua gives a farewell speech.  He is now 110 years old.  

He encourages the Israelites to continue following God's Laws.
He tells them that they can choose to follow false gods, 
but they will suffer the consequences of their decisions.  

He clearly states what his intentions are:

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."  
Joshua 24:15

The Israelites assured him that they too will follow the Lord.  

Joshua then died.

"Israel served the Lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and of the elders who outlived him and who had experienced everything the Lord had done for Israel."  Joshua 24:31

Tomorrow we will be moving onto Judges.  
I know a little of what is ahead.  Up until this time the Israelites that left Egypt and were delivered to the Promise Land experienced God's love, dedication, and power first hand.  They witnessed amazing things.  After their death I'm not sure what first hand experiences future generations will experience.  
Will they need to follow God on faith alone?  How closely does this mirror out life today?

Julie and I will be heading off to the Hearts at Home Conference.  
Although we will be keeping up on the reading, we will not be posting again until Monday.  
Maybe I can talk Lori into jumping on here a few more times to share.   

No comments:

Post a Comment