Wow...this is getting hard to write about. The other day I was in church and we were reading about Jesus meeting Matthew. We were done reading the suggested verses , but I kept reading on until I finished the chapter. I was so drawn into Jesus' interest in people so unlike him. I said to Ben on the way home that I couldn't wait until we get to the New Testament. The Old Testament can be a hard pill to swallow. Now, I realize that is an unfair statement. All of the sin offering that is being done now is going to lead up to the biggest sin offering of all: The offering of Jesus Christ!
Chapter 16: Aaron was instructed on how to enter the Most Holy Place. It also discusses what offering is needed in order to free or put away the sins of the people. As I am reading these things I wonder what rituals are still practiced in the Jewish faith today?
Chapter 17 discusses how God's people are forbidden to eat or drink blood of man or animal. He says, (17:14) "You must not eat the blood of any creature because the life of every creature is its blood."
Chapter 18 is the first time that laws about sexual relationships are discussed. Up until this point I have been very surprised how acceptable incest has been. It is now stated clearly how God feels about incest, adultery, homosexual sex, bestiality, and sex during a women's monthly cycle. Note: There has never been mention that one sin is worse than another. As a modern society we (including myself) categorize sins as some being worse than others. That is what we do.....that is NOT what He does. -nic
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment