I had an "Ahh Ha" moment today at Church. The series of topic that the church has been focusing on the last few weeks is called "Follow Believe Obey". Today's sermon was on "Obey". It discussed the importance of being obedient to Christ. Pastor Jodi discussed how much God loves us and he only has our best interest at heart. He said from the beginning God has loved us. I KNOW this, but the last few weeks I have struggled with the way God has shown his love in our daily reading.
Pastor Jodi said something like.....
From Creation God loved his people so much. He used the Follow Believe Obey pattern then too. He didn't start off giving Adam and Eve the Ten Commandments. He just asked them to follow him. And once he had some followers he asked them to believe. That is what got the Israelites out of Egypt. They followed Him and they believed. He showed them miracles like Moses parting the Sea.....he told them that he would save them and love them. They followed and believed. Then....because he LOVED them so much and had their best interest at heart, he asked them to OBEY.
I don't know if my ramblings will make sense to anyone else....but my heart feels good today. I finally get it. I wish that I would have heard this sermon mid January. Then I would have not gotten so frustrated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment