Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jan. 12 - Genesis 39-41

When I was a tween or early teen I went with my mom to the theater to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  The show starred Donny Osmond as Joseph.  I remember that I LOVED IT.  At that time in my life the biblical story was just a story.  I walked away from the show with an appreciation of costumes, acting, and music.  I don't remember thinking much about the story behind it.  Now that I am revisiting the story I am amazed by Joseph's willingness to take everything that is thrown at him.  His brothers sold him, he was thrown in prison for something he didn't do, and the people he helped did not follow up on their promises to him.  He was an innocent man in a prison.....yet never did I detect bitterness, anger, or hatred.  He knew God was with him.  That was all he needed.  Such devotion.....I want that!  nic

No comments:

Post a Comment